PROVISION OF NUTRITION PROGRAMS AND SERVICES
- Massive Operation Timbang Plus (Weight and Height Taking)
- National Dietary Supplementation Program – thru Supplementary Feeding and Fresh Milk Feeding Programs
- National Nutrition Promotion Program for Behavior Change
- Food Fortification
- Micronutrient Supplementation
WHO MAY AVAIL OF THE SERVICE:
- All 0-71 months Preschool Children
- Identified underweight, stunted, and wasted children 6-71 months of age who come from nutritionally-at-risk families
- Underweight pregnant and lactating mothers
- Mothers of feeding beneficiaries, pregnant and lactating mothers, all women of reproductive age and senior citizens
- Nutritional status of child based on latest weight and height taking conducted.
- For mothers to bring ECCD Card (Early Childhood Care & Development Card).
- Barangay Certificate of residency and indigency of family.
SCHEDULE OF AVAILABILITY OF SERVICE:
- Massive “Operation Timbang” conducted by the City Nutrition Office every first quarter and September of each year shall serve as basis for identifying would-be beneficiaries for feeding program (underweight, stunted, wasted).
- Mothers of beneficiaries are to attend the advocacy sessions (National Nutrition Promotion Program for Behavior Change) to be conducted in the barangays by the Barangay Nutrition Workers thru “ Pabasa sa Nutrisyon” scheme, Mothers Classes, etc.
- Underweight pregnant mothers (to be screened and identified by the midwives) are to avail of the feeding program for them to deliver newborns with normal birth weight (2.5 kg and above).
- National Dietary Supplementation Program is provided daily/ 5x a week to identified underweight and wasted 25-71 months old children
- Fresh Milk is provided also daily to stunted 25-71 months old identified thru height taking
- Complementary Food is given to 6 months -24 months old underweight/ stunted and wasted children
HOW TO AVAIL OF THE SERVICE:
|APPLICANT/CLIENT||ACTIVITY||DURATION OF ACTIVITY||PERSON IN CHARGE|
|1. Massive OPT Plus using CGS table||All 0-71 months old pre-school children||All children are weighed and their heights taken to determine who are underweight wasted and stunted.||3-5 minutes per child||BNWs/ BHWs|
|2.For center- based feeding among pre-school children (National Dietary Supplementation Program)||Mothers of underweight pre-schoolers to attend meeting prior to start of feeding.
Bring child beneficiary to feeding site daily.
Monitor child’s weight and height monthly to check improvement in nutritional status. Whether underweight, stunted or wasted.
|Discuss guidelines on supplementary feeding, scheduling of mothers in food preparation.
Assigned mother prepares of cooks food; feed beneficiaries.
Weight and height taking of all feeding beneficiaries monthly using Child Growth Standard (CGS) table and record the weight and height.
|1 hour- 1 ½ hours
45 mins- 1 hour
|3. National Nutrition Promotion Program for Behavior Change||All mothers, care- givers, woman of reproductive age, senior citizens, interested individuals.||Mothers attend advocacy sessions once a week at the feeding site.
Series of topics on Nutrition shall be discussed during mothers’ classes and Pabasa sa Nutrisyon.
|1 ½ – 2 hours||Resource speakers invited by BNws|
|4. For Dietary Supplementation among underweight pregnant/ lactating mothers||Same procedure as feeding the underweight pre-schoolers. However in determining the Nutritional Status, Body Mass Index (BMI) method is used.|
|5. Campaign on Food fortification||All Households||Campaign for the utilization of fortified food products.||15-30 mins||BNWs|
|6. Micronutrient Supplementation (if funds are available)||While at the feeding site area during feeding time.||Provide vitamins (5 ml) every after feeding||3-5 mins||BNWs|