EFFECTIVE tomorrow, Tuesday (March 24), the City Government will impose new policies to minimize the crowd inside the public market to prevent COVID-19 transmission.
Mayor Felipe Antonio Remollo, Chairperson of the Inter-Agency Task Force COVID-19, in consultation with Market Administrator Engr. Ronnie Fortin, Councilor Edgar Lentorio Jr., City DILG Officer Christopher Pastor and other officials will enforce the following policies:
1) NO MASK, NO ENTRY for all Market Goers, Stall Holders/Helpers.
2) Observe physical distancing. Entrance for Buildings No. 1, 2,3,4,5 & 6 will be the Service Roads between Buildings 1, 2 &3. EXIT will be Katada Street. Only 100 market goers will be allowed at any given time
3) Buildings No. 8, 9 &10 will have its Entrance & Exit. Only 50 market goers will be allowed at any given time.
4) Beauty Parlors, Barbershop and Massage therapist Services to cease operations.
5) Painitan Section to remain open but Take Out service only.
6) KATADA Street will be used for Government Employees, Market Stall Holder/Helpers. For motorcycle Parking Only.
7. No entry for Senior Citizens and children 12-years-old and below except government employees, stall holders/workers.
These policies are adopted to further minimize the risk of COVID-19 transmission.