Mayor Felipe Antonio Remollo signed the Office Order adopting work-from-home-scheme for employees who are immunocompromised or found to have flu like symptoms.
This policy is intended to further reduce the number of people crowding the offices of the City Hall and to minimize the threat of COVID-19 exposure to employees with health issues that might compromise their co-workers or clients well-being.
Mayor Remollo’s order covers regular, casual and job order workers, who will be getting the same pay even when working at home.
City Human Resource Officer and Assistant City Administrator Dr. Dinno T. Depositario said that his office will prepare the actual list of employees who will be working from home as recommended by their department or office heads.
Read the actual text of Mayor Remollo’s Order:
SUBJECT: Adoption of Work-from-Home Scheme and Skeletal Workforce
1. The following City Government Employees, including Job Order Personnel are hereby ordered to adopt the Work-from-Home Scheme:
1.1 Those who have respiratory infection, immuno-deficiency illness and influenza-like illness;
1.2 Those who show signs or symptoms of the above-mentioned infection and/or illnesses, such as fever, cough, colds, sore throat, muscle or body aches, fatigue, diarrhea, etc.;
1.3 Those who are suspected or identified as COVID-19 carrier, Person Under Investigation and Person Under Monitoring;
1.4 Those whose immediate family member is identified as COVID-19 patient, Person Under Investigation and Person Under Monitoring;
1.5 Those who are lactating mothers who have 6-month old children and below;
1.6 Those who regularly commute through public transportation, such as buses, jeepneys, tricycles, vehicles-for-hire, etc.;
1.7 Those who have history of travel outside of the Province of Negros Oriental from March 9, 2020 onwards;
1.8 Those who are suffering from cardio-vascular diseases;
1.9 Those who are cancer patients and cancer survivors;
1.10 Those who are Senior Citizens;
1.11 Those who are Persons with Disabilities;
1.12 Those who are suffering from Diabetes; and
1.13 Those who have life-threatening health issues not enumerated above.
2. The following City Government Employees, including Job Order Personnel are exempted from the Work-from-Home Scheme:
Those who are assigned at the Office of the City Mayor, City Health Office, City Disaster Risk Reduction Management Office, City Social Welfare and Development Office, City Economic Enterprise Office, City Slaughterhouse, City Septage Facility, City Environment and Natural Resources Office, Special Enforcement Unit, City Traffic Management Office, Police Auxiliary Unit, Discipline Zone and City Funeral Services, provided that, these Personnel are not classified as enumerated in 1.1 to 1.13.
3. Skeletal Workforce:
3.1 Other Departments/Offices not mentioned in No. 2 shall have a skeletal workforce to cater the transacting public so as not to disrupt delivery of basic essential services.
3.2 To reduce the workforce in the workplace, Department Heads/Heads of Offices shall have the sound discretion to identify able-bodied Personnel within their respective Departments/Offices who will adopt the Work-from-Home Scheme and those who will form part of the skeletal workforce and to strictly enforce control and monitoring mechanisms and performance-based evaluation in signing their DTRs.
3.3 As a result of the reduced workforce, Departments/Offices shall strictly adhere to the Social Distancing Policy.
3.4 The actual list of the Work-from-Home personnel based on the above stated guidelines shall be prepared by the City Human Resource as recommended by the Department/and or Office Heads and subject to approval by the Office of the City Mayor.
4. Work-from-Home Scheme Guidelines:
4.1 City Government Employees, including Job Order Personnel who are advised to adopt this scheme are advised to have any or all of the following:
a. An internet connection;
b. A desktop computer or laptop/netbook; and
c. A home landline or personal mobile phone.
4.2 Able-bodied City Government Employees, including Job Order Personnel who have been selected to adopt the Work-from-Home Scheme may be called to report for duty to their respective Departments/Offices at any time within the working hours, as the situation may warrant.
5. City Government Personnel, including Job Order Personnel who will be part of the agency’s skeletal workforce may be granted appropriate additional benefit, as may be authorized by the Office of the President.
6. City Government Employees who will be required to work from home shall be paid their corresponding salaries/wages during the community quarantine.
7. Job Order Personnel who will not be required to work, as enumerated in No. 1.1 to 1.13, and those who are not part of the skeletal workforce shall be paid their corresponding salaries/wages during the community quarantine period as exception to the “no work, no pay” principle for this occasion only.
8. Office Order No. 218, dated 16 March 2020, re: Alternative Work Arrangements and Support Mechanisms for City Government Officials, Employees and Personnel of the LGU-Dumaguete City is still in effect.
9. Office Order No. 209, dated, 13 March 2020, re: Guidelines on the History of Travels, Self-Quarantine and Application of Leave Credits; Procedure on Return-to-Work; Cancellation of Official Travels, etc.; and Cancellation of Spearheading or Facilitating of Trainings, Seminars, etc. Relative to the Corona Virus Disease-2019 (COVID-19) is deemed superseded and hereby revoked, except for the provisions on Cancellation of Spearheading or Facilitating of Trainings, Seminars, etc. Relative to the Corona Virus Disease-2019 (COVID-19).