Task Force SAGARR
(Special Action Group Advocating for Rapid Reforms)
For Complaints and Other Concerns Please Contact :
TASK FORCE SAGARR
(035) 226 3647
(035) 225 9981
(035) 422 2539
or Report it Now HERE
Several task forces have been created in the past to address the varied concerns of the city. Though these groups have been initiated with good intention, they either lacked sufficient manpower or th much needed “will” to put into effect the appropriate sanctions and desirable actions that need to be accomplished. With the passage of time, these task forces have become ineffective and their efforts fruitless. Hence, the creation of a “super body” that will ENFORCE with WILL, IMPLEMENT WITH AUDACITY and EXECUTE WITH MIGHT, all regulatory ordinances mandated by the city.
An ALL-ENCOMPASSING ENFORCEMENT BODY CREATED BY THE LOCAL CHIEF EXECUTIVE THROUGH AN EXECUTIVE ORDER THEREBY HAVING POLICE POWERS TO HARNESS, MOBILIZE AND MARSHAL SELECTED GOVERNMENT AND NON-GOVERNMENT PEOPLE AND GROUPS, RELIGIOUS, CIVIC AND SECTORAL ORGANIZATIONS FOR THE APPROPRIATE, RIGOROUS AND FORCEFUL DISPENSATION AND IMPLEMENTATION OF ALL REGULATORY ORDINANCES/DIRECTIVES OF THE CITY GOVERNMENT OF DUMAGUETE WITHOUT HESITATION. ITS MAJOR FUNCTIONS WOULD INCLUDE:
ENFORCE REGULATIVE FACET OF THE FOLLOWING DIRECTIVES:
a. Ordinance No. 16, Series 1988 (Market Code)
b. Ordinance No. 76, Series 2003 (Illegal Vendors)
c. Tax Ordinance No. 139 (Business/Mayor’s Permits)
2) ISSUING AND IMPLEMENTING CLOSURE ORDERS TO OR PADLOCK BUSINESSES/ESTABLISHMENTS THAT DO NOT COMPLY WITH NECESSARY REGULATORY REQUIREMENTS (UPON RECOMMENDATION OF CTO, CEEO, CITY ASSESSOR’S OFFICE, AND OTHER CITY/DEP’T CONCERNED AFTER DUE PROCESS)
3) IMPLEMENT ORDER OF CONFISCATION OF GOODS FOR SALE FROM DEFIANT VENDORS
4) IMPLEMENT WITH FULL MIGHT:
ORDINANCE NO. 65, Series 2005 (Anti-Indecency)
ORDINANCE NO. 17, Series 2001 (Truancy)
ORDINANCE NO. 115, Series 2006 (Curfew)
ORDINANCE NO. 18, Series 1982 (Regulation on Sale of Liquor)
ORDINANCE NO. 3, Series 1999 (Accreditation/Boarding Houses)
ORDINANCE NO. 17, Series 2003 (Anti-Smoking Campaign)
ORDINANCE NO. 29, Series 2000 (Cyberspace Ordinance of 2000)
ORDINANCE NO. 80, Series 2003 (Nigh Clubs, Billiard Pools, etc.)
IDLE LOT ORDINANCE
BUILDING & FENCING PERMIT
5)EXTEND FULL SUPPORT TO THE IMPLEMENTATION OF DIRECTIVES RELATING TO:
a. ISWM Ordinance
b. HOT MEAT PURSUIT
c. TRAFFIC ENFORCEMENT
d. STRAY DOGS’ PROBLEM
e. MEAT/FISH/VEG INSPECTION TEAM
f. HIV-STI Task Force
g. SANITATION & FOOD SAFETY
As may be applicable, SAGARR Enforcers may also be vested with the same police and law enforcement powers as of those of the regular enforcers of the above mentioned laws and ordinances.
6) Full force enforcement of other ordinances not included in the enumeration above with the authority and upon orders from the City Mayor.
7) Development and execution of strategies and schemes against the modus operandi, illegal practices, and evasion tactics of ordinance and law violators.
8) Coordinate with existing national government agencies, other instrumentalities, Provincial Government, barangays, other LGUs, NGOs, POs, civic groups, amateur radio groups, religious sector, media groups, etc. in the performance of its duties.
9) Serve as a think-tank and identify/create strategies that would merge with the goals and objectives of the City Government of Dumaguete.
10)Design a monitoring scheme for the execution of enforcement activities.
11) Perform other powers and functions as may be necessary for the effective discharge of its function or as may be directed by the City Mayor.
The Task Leaders upon approval from proper authorities may call the assistance of other departments, offices and/or agencies for the effective and efficient execution of its functions and mandates, as may be necessary. These include, but not limited to, manpower and personnel re-enforcement, professional and technical services, use of equipment and facilities.
Task Force Commander: Mayor Manuel T. Sagarbarria
TF Ground Commander: Mr. William E. Ablong
Task Leaders (Enforcement):
1) Task Team 1 (Meat/Fish/Vegetable Inspection, Stray Dog’s Issue, and Hot Meat Pursuit)
2) Task Team 2 ( Anti-smoking campaign, Sanitation & Food Safety, and ISWM Ordinance)
3) Task Team 3 (Anti-indecency, Truancy, Anti-Vagrancy, and Anti-Mendicancy)
4) Task Team 4 (Anti-Squatting and Idle Lot Ordinance)
5) Task Team 5, 6 & 7 (Updated Tax Ordinance, Business/Mayor’s Permit, Omnibus Tax Ordinance, Illegal Vendors and Sidewalk/Ambulant vendors) Jurisdiction: All of Dumaguete City except Market Complex and vicinity.
6) Task Team 8 – TMO Elite Group (Traffic, road hazards and obstructions)
7) Task Team 9 – CEEO EliteGroup (Market Code, Updated Tax Ordinance, Business/Mayor’s Permit, Omnibus Tax Ordinance, Illegal Vendors) Jurisdiction: Market Complex and vicinity.
8) Task Team 10 – Bantay Syudad Task Force (Sale of Liquor, Curfew, Cyberspace, Nightclubs/Karaoke Bar Ordinance)
9) Task Team 11 – Board & Lodging Houses Inspection Team (Board & Lodging Houses Accreditation Ordinance)
Each Task Leader shall be assisted by at least three qualified members who shall be designated by the City Mayor or through the City Administrator upon recommendations from the Task Leaders themselves. Pertinent Mission/Office Orders and appointment papers shall be issued relative to this.
Task Leaders (Special Assignments):
1) Legal Counsel/Assistance
2) PNP Assistance (Security and Enforcements)
3) Community Relations/Media Front
4) Hotline Communication Controller
5) TF Secretariat & Logistic Support
MAJOR SUPPORT AGENCIES
1) City Legal Office
3) City Treasurer’s Office
4) City Economic Enterprises Office
5) City Assessor’s Office & i-Tax Project
6) CSWDO (Social Workers)
7) ENRO (ISWM Enforcers)
8) City Health Office (SI’s, MedTech, Nurses, etc)
9) City Engineer’s Office
10) City Veterinarian’s Office
11) General Services Office
12) Traffic Management Office
I. Directly accountable to the Mayor
II. Closely supervised/monitored by the City Administrator
III. Strictly coordinating with the Department Heads concerened especially during pre-enforcement and actual enforcement
IV. Regularly reporting (if possible, during Tuesday meeting with Mayor and Department Heads/Chiefs of Office)
note: there is a necessity to consistently monitor the core group composing SAGARR in order to avoid Abuse of Power