The Government of Dumaguete through the Office of the City Social Welfare and Development is extending help to the family who lost a loved one by providing funeral assistance. The said assistance will include a coffin, embalming, grave materials, and hearse for convey. This assistance is limited for Dumaguete residents only.
To determine whether the bereaved family is eligible for assistance, there are few requirements to meet like :
1. Death Certificate
2. Barangay Clearance
3. The Deceased Must Not Be a Member of GSIS or SSS.
Once the family is able to secure the said requirements, they should follow the procedure below to finally receive the funeral assistance.
1. A member of the bereaved family should see their assigned Barangay Social Worker and should go to the Office of the City Social Welfare and Development to be assessed and then later fill up an Eligibility Certification.
2. The Certificate of Eligibility should then be signed by the City Administrator.
3. Then head to the City Funeral Support Service and the form signed by the person in charge.
4. Once everything will go well, the family will now receive an assistance from the Government of Dumaguete.
Our government cares and through the funeral assistance given, we somehow lessen the burden and pain of the bereaved family.